Department Of OBGY provides training in the subject of obstetrics and gynaecology nursing for MSc Nursing, Post Basic BSc Nursing, IGNOU BSc Nursing students with the help of qualified faculty. Clinical experience required for the students is made available through well equipped OB/GY lab and in the super-speciality hospital. Department also extended the outreached services to the urban and rural society including Family Planning. Conducts continue education programs (CNE) for nurses from urban and rural health setup.
- Impart quality Nursing education to the students in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
- Apply innovative teaching strategies that enhance learning outcomes of the students.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the programmes related to the department.
- Prepare students to provide family cantered comprehensive care to reproductive age group and neonates.
- Ensure excellent academic performance and overall development of students in both clinical and theory toward care of pregnant mothers.
- Extend professional services to community.
- Participate towards promotion of independent and collaborative evidence based research.
- Facilitates faculty development through CNE, Journal Club, Orientation and refresher courses, seminar, workshop and conference.
- Encourage the faculty to present scientific papers / research papers in conference at national and international level.
- Encourage the students to participate actively in curriculum and co-curriculum activities.
- Participate in the college development activities.
- Workshop on Essential competencies in Midwifery Practices for ANM and LHV.
- In-service education training programme for staff nurses in rural health experience, Palghar.
- WHO, Midwifery day, and Breast feeding week celebration.
- Participated in National Organ donation campaign.
- Street play and role play on various themes.
- Celebrations and participation in International Nurse’s Day.
- Conducted awareness program on Menstrual Hygiene for adolescent college girls.
- Attended National conference on Building, Promoting excellence in Midwifery & Obstetric Nursing.