Department of Community Health Nursing is developing the competent community health nurses by providing them with appropriate knowledge, skills, and developing positive attitude for working in community. Students are provided opportunity to participate at all level of health care delivery in order to reach the heist ladder of capacity building linkage for enhancement in public health. And well being with other colleagues, organizations, corporate, and Government institution are also provided.
- Develop graduate and post graduate nursing professionals, who promote, preserve and maintain the health of population through delivery of health services to individual family and community at large.
- Develop ability to identify and utilize community resources in meeting the health needs of society and collaborate with other disciplines, agency to integrate and improve services at local, state and national level.
- Participate in implementation of national health programme at various levels of health and create awareness on health and wellness.
- Improve population health through quality community health education, research, and service.
- Community health nursing graduates take leadership role in assessing risk and fostering resilience that the community achieves optimal health and wellbeing.
- Urban Health & Training Centre, Bandra
- Health Unit, Palghar
- Rural Hospital, Palghar
- Urban Slum Areas in Mumbai City
- Development and implementation of Community health nursing practice oriented curriculum.
- Holistic Family care
- School Health Services.
- Health Education is integral part of Community health nursing.
- Celebration of all National Health Days to create the awareness.