Aim of the postgraduate program in nursing is to prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Practitioners, Consultants, Educators, Researchers and Administrators in a wide variety of professional settings.
On completion of the M.Sc Nursing program , the graduates will be able to:
1. Utilize & apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science.
2. Demonstrate advance competencies in nursing practice.
3. Practice as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
4. Demonstrate leadership qualities and function as effective nurse educators and nurse managers.
5. Demonstrate skill in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health related research.
6. Demonstrate the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system
7. Establish collaborative relationship with the members of other disciplines.
8. Demonstrate interest and positive attitude in continued learning for personal and professional growth.
|Sr No||Specialty||Total seats|
|1||Community Health Nursing||05|
|2||Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing||05|
|3||Medical surgical Nursing||05|
|4||Obstetrics and Gynocological Nursing||05|
|5||Mental Health Nursing||05|
The selection process is merely on the basis of merit and reservation criteria laid down by the Govt. of Maharashtra. Admission procedure conducted every year. Application forms & Information Brochures are made available at the time of admission.
1. Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Age Limit is 45 yrs for open category & 50 yrs. for reserved category.
- The candidate must have passed the Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary Certificate or equivalent examination from an Institute situated in the state of Maharashtra.
- If the candidate have passed the Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary Certificate or equivalent examination from an Institute situated out of state of Maharashtra should submit domicile certificate of Maharashtra.
- Candidate must be domicile of State of Maharashtra.
- Candidate must have passed B.BSC / P.B.BSC from Institute recognized by Maharashtra Nursing Council & Indian Nursing Council Or PBBSC (IGNOU From institute recognized by Indian Nursing Council).
- Candidate should have M.N.C. Registration Certificate with recent renewal.
- Candidate should have one-year experience after M.N.C. Registration.
- The candidate must be medically fit.
2. For Government In-service Candidate:
- The candidates working in Government service should submit his/her application through proper channel.
- Candidate should obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their respective Authority.
- The In-service candidate must have completed 5 years’ service
- The liability for sanctioning study leave will rest with the Maharashtra State Government only.
- Constitutional Reservations as per the Constitution of India
i. Candidates claiming admission in Reserve category will be required to submit the-
a. Caste Certificate
b. Caste Validity Certificate.
c. Non Creamy Layer Certificate (if Application)
ii. a. Specified Reservation: Person with 40% disability (PWD)
5% reservation for Person with disability (PWD) from the open category.
b. As per Govt. G.R. Dated 2/4/2018, 1% seat is reserved for Orphan candidates from open category, candidates belongs to this category should submit the certificate from women &child Welfare department.
Candidates are selected as per merit on the basis of total marks obtained at all years B.BSC / P.B.BSc examinations.
|Subjects||Theory (hours)||Practical (hours)|
|Advance nursing practice||150||200|
|Clinical specialty I||150||650|
|Nursing Research and Statistics||150||100|
|Nursing Research (dissertation )||300|
|Clinical specialty II||150||950|
Scheme of Examination
|Advance nursing practice||3||25||75|
|Clinical specialty I||3||25||75||100||100|
|Nursing Research and Statistics||3||25||75|
|Nursing Research (dissertation )||100||100|
|Clinical specialty II||3||25||75|