Pediatric Nursing department is assisting students in developing expertise and in-depth understanding in the field of Pediatric Nursing. It will help students to appreciate the child as a holistic individual and develop skill to function as neonatal and pediatric nurse specialist. It will further enable the student to function as educator, manager and researcher in the field of Pediatric nursing.
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Appreciate the history and developments in the field of pediatrics and pediatric nursing as a specialty
- Apply the concepts of growth and development in providing care to the pediatric clients and their families.
- Appreciate the child as a holistic individual
- Integrate the concept of family centered pediatric nursing care with related areas such as genetic disorders, congenital malformations and long term illness.
- Recognize and manage emergencies in neonates. 8. Describe various recent technologies and treatment modalities in the management of high risk neonates
- Incorporate evidence based nursing practice and identify the areas of research in the filed of pediatric / neonatal nursing
- Recognize the role of pediatric nurse practitioner and as a member of the pediatric and neonatal health team